Social Icons

.

09 January 2013

Interview with Patricia Lynne

For Tommy, there is only one thing he needs to do: survive.

Only surviving isn't that easy. The hunt for blood can be tricky when humans know to fear the night. Desire sits on the edge of his mind, urging him to become the monster humans think he is. Vampire Forces, a special branch of police, is determined to turn every vampire to ash. Tommy included.

The only human Tommy can trust is his twin brother. A bond connects them, and with Danny's help, Tommy starts to understand the human world he struggles to survive in. He'll learn what friendships means and feel the sting of betrayal, find that sometimes the worst monsters are very human, and come to understand that family means more than blood.

Tommy just wants to survive and he knows what he needs to do. But with the number of humans that mean more to him than a meal growing, he'll learn there's more to life than simple survival. He'll discover being human doesn't mean being a human.





1) How and why have you started to write? Were there something or someone that gave you an impulse?

I started writing just for fun. Stories always bounced around in my head and one day I figured why not write it down. They weren't exactly original, but it was really fun to write out a story and reread it. After, I started getting ideas for original stories. I wrote those as well, but it never crossed my mind to do anything more with the stories. It wasn't until I got the idea for Being Human that I thought about published. The story was different from anything I had ever read and it stuck me as something people might enjoy to read. I started to look into publishing and getting Being Human published.

2) Tell me something about you and your book Being Human.

 I never thought I'd be a writer, but now that I am, I can't see myself doing anything else. Being Human was the start of an unexpected journey. =)

3) While youre writing, have you discovered a character that you where developing feelings of love for? And was there a character that gave you headaches?

I really loved writing the scenes with Mackenzie. I tapped into my inner child and memories of how I was as a teenager. Being Human came pretty easily to me so there weren't any characters that I had trouble writing.

4) How have you done your research for this novel?
There wasn't much research I had to do for the novel. If I had any questions that needed answers, I went straight to google.com

 5) Is there a book that inspired your writings?
Thirsty by MT Anderson inspired Being Human and Heather Brewer is my author hero. I love everything by her and she inspires me to keep writing.

6) In the end, would you like say some words to your fans from Romania?
 It's my pleasure to have you discover my book. I hope to bring you many more stories.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me on your blog. The interview was so much fun. =)

    ReplyDelete

 
 
Blogger Templates