Social Icons

.

09 January 2013

Interview with Angela Corbett



A love so strong, even eternity can't separate them. Evie Starling has lived a relatively uneventful life hanging out with friends, gossiping about boys, and driving her 1966 Mustang.

All of that changes when she moves to Gunnison, Colorado, to start college and meets two mysterious men. For centuries, Alex Night and Emil Stone have yearned for Evie but they each have their own reasons for wanting to be with her. When both men claim to be her soul mate and tell her about an unbelievable past, Evie learns that she s not the person she thought she was. Soon, Evie finds herself in the middle of an age-old battle between the Amaranthine Society the soul protectors, and the Daevos Resistance the soul destroyers. With a past she doesn t understand, and a future rife with danger, Evie has to decide who she can trust. But Alex and Emil aren t the only ones who want Evie, and her soul is about to become the rope in an eternal tug-of-war.



Thank you Ms. Corbett for this interview!


1) How and why have you started to write? Were there something or someone that gave you an impulse?

      I've wanted to be an author since I first learned to read. The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien and The Fairy Rebel, by Lynne Reid Banks are both books that played a huge part in making me want to write. I loved escaping into other worlds through books, and wanted to make worlds of my own.

2) Tell me something about you and your book Eternal Starling.

     My favorite season is autumn, I love Halloween, and every year I carve a pumpkin with something from one of my favorite books or movies. Eternal Starling is about soul mates, magic and kissing...lots of kissing.

3) Do you believe in soulmates?

     I do! I love the idea that there's a perfect person out there for everyone.

4) While youre writing, have you discovered a character that you where developing feelings of love for? And was there a character that gave you headaches?

      I've always had a soft spot for Evie. She's funny, stubborn, and I love that she accepts herself for who she is. Alex and Emil both gave me grief. They changed a lot during revisions, but I now have an understanding with them of exactly who they both are. :)


5) How have you done your research for this novel?

     I did some research on Celtic mythology, and spent a lot of time researching the various beliefs about reincarnation and soul mates.

6) Is there a book that inspired your writings?

     There wasn't a book that inspired it, but there are books that helped me want to make the story deeper. The Study Series by Maria V. Snyder was one of those.
7) In the end, would you like say some words to your fans from Romania?

     I've been so humbled and overwhelmed by all of the support from people in Romania. Thank you so much for accepting me, and wanting to read Eternal Starling!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates