Social Icons

.

09 January 2013

Interview with Kate Evangelista

 Reaping Me Softly 

Ever since a near-death-experience on the operating table, seventeen-year-old Arianne Wilson can see dead people. Just as she’s learned to accept her new-found talents, she discovers that the boy she’s had a crush on since freshman year, Niko Clark, is a Reaper.

At last they have something in common, but that doesn’t mean life is getting any easier. All while facing merciless bullying from the most powerful girl in school, Arianne’s world is turned upside down after Niko accidentally reaps the soul of someone she loves. This sends them both into a spiral that threatens to end Arianne’s life. But will Niko break his own Reaper’s code to save her? And what would the consequences be if he did?

1) How and why have you started to write? Were there something or someone that gave you an impulse?

My second year high school teacher inspired me to write. She gave my class a writing assignment and when she read my story she said I had something here. It made me so happy that I kept writing afterwards.

2) Tell me something about you and your book Reaping Me Softly.

Reaping Me Softly is a YA paranormal romance told in the perspective of Death, Niko the Reaper of Georgia, and Arianne, a girl who can see dead people.

3) While youre writing, have you discovered a character that you where developing feelings of love for? And was there a character that gave you headaches?

I think my favorite character so far is Luka, who is from Taste. I'm actually writing another novel called Savor that is just about him. As for the characters I don't like, I haven't discovered one yet. Even the bad guys in my stories I like as characters because they add conflict to the story.

4) How have you done your research for this novel?

Yes. I had too, especially for one special character. To find out what that is, you'll have to grab a copy of Reaping Me Softly on October 30, 2012. :-)


5) Is there a book that inspired your writings?

Not one book specifically. I let anything and everything inspire me.

6) In the end, would you like say some words to your fans from Romania?

Thank you so much for letting me hang out with everyone today. I had so much fun answering your questions. And thank you for giving me a chance to tell you all about my next book. While waiting for Reaping Me Softly's release, grab your copy of Taste today and discover what happens at Barinkoff after hours. I dare you to break curfew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates