Social Icons

.

08 April 2013

Interview with Kylie Scott the author of Flesh series!



Ali has been hiding in an attic since civilisation collapsed eight weeks ago.


When the plague hit, her neighbours turned into mindless, hungry, homicidal maniacs.


Daniel has been a loner his entire life. Then the world empties and he realises that being alone isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.


Finn is a former cop who is desperate for companionship, and willing to do anything it takes to protect the survivors around him.


When the three cross paths they band together; sparks fly, romance blooms in the wasteland and Ali, Daniel and Finn bend to their very human needs in the ruins of civilisation.


Lust, love and trust all come under fire in Flesh as the three band together to survive, hunted through the suburban wastelands.


NOTE: This story is rated "Hot" (4 out of 5 flames) and contains M/F/M and F/M pairings.







Six months since the zombie plague struck, former librarian Roslyn Stewart has been holed up in a school with eight other survivors. But now the shelves in the school canteen are bare. The stranger at the gate has supplies that will ensure the group’s ongoing survival, but at a cost. He wants a woman.


Nick is a man with a plan. He’ll treat Roslyn like a Queen, devoting the rest of his life to protecting and providing for her. In exchange, of course, for sexual favours. It’s the deal of the century given the state of the world. But Roslyn doesn’t see it that way. The first chance she gets she attacks the ex-army man and attempts to escape, forcing Nick to contain her. And so begins his awkward courtship of the woman, with her chained to the bed for security reasons.


Chained like a dog and forced to spend her every waking moment with a creep, albeit a good looking one, Ros is determined to escape. When circumstances force them to band together against a common enemy their very survival depends on their ability to learn to trust each other. An uneasy partnership develops, but can a relationship with such a difficult beginning ever have a future?


The hotly anticipated sequel to Flesh, Skin is set in the same universe with a different set of characters.


NOTE: This story is rated "Hot" (4 out of 5 flames) and contains F/M pairings.


...............................................................................................................................

Thank you Ms. Scott for letting me read your amazing works!

1) How and why have you started to write? Were there something or someone that gave you an impulse?

I got serious about six years ago when I went to a pop culture festival in Brisbane, Queensland. A fantasy writer who was singing a couple of books for me asked if I’d ever thought of writing myself. I said I’d played with the idea a few times. Then she asked me which stories were the one that got published. I said the lucky ones. She said no, they’re the ones that get finished. It was a surprisingly simple idea, but it got me thinking. I started on my first book the same week. It’s hidden under my bed never to see the light of day.

2) Tell me something about your book Flesh.

Flesh is about people surviving a Zombie Apocalypse. I always wanted to explore what life would be like after the downfall of civilization. If we didn’t have electricity to heat things, and law and order to help keep people in line? How would people behave if they were left to their own devices?

3) While you’re writing, have you discovered a character that you where developing feelings of love for? And was there a character that gave you headaches?

I love Daniel. He’s terrible and funny and hot. Ali gave me headaches. Women are so hard to write. I know what I want from a man, so they’re much easier. Women are a more precarious balance.

4) How have you done your research for this novel?

I watched a stack of b-grade zombie movies growing up and read Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ too many times to count. There were a couple of survivalist type books that I took a look at but the bulk of the book is me making stuff up.

5) Is there a book that inspired your writings?

Yes, ‘The Stand’ by Stephen King is just perfect to my mind. ‘Beauty’ by Robin McKinley is also a favourite. Romance wise there are just too many to name.

6) In the end, would you like say some words to your fans from Romania?

That someone on the other side of the world might have picked up my book and enjoyed it blows my mind. Thank you so much. That’s awesome.


1 comment:

  1. Alta serie pe care am tot promis c-o incep si n-am mai apucat... :)

    ReplyDelete

 
 
Blogger Templates