Social Icons

.

03 April 2013

Interview: Ryann Kerekes the author of Defect





Locked in the mental ward on her sixteenth birthday, Eve Sterling doesn’t think things can get any worse.

They can.

After failing the mindscan procedure that predicts future crime, she’s deemed a Defect and subjected to endless psychological and physical testing as the government tries to determine what’s different about her.

The one bright spot is military guard, Will. He’s gentle with her when no one’s watching and suppresses a smile whenever she defies their challenges. Will’s lessons begin to dance dangerously close to knowledge she shouldn’t possess, like what’s beyond the fenced compound. Though it’s forbidden and Will would be killed on the spot if they’re discovered, they steal away moments together. With her very life on the line, Eve has to decide if she can trust the guard she’s falling for.

DEFECT, young adult romance takes place in the near-future.



Thank you Ms. Kerekes for the opportunity of having you on our blog today!


1) How and why have you started to write? Was there something or someone that gave you an impulse?

I first began writing in November 2010. My husband is the one who first encouraged me. I have always loved to read and he gave me the push to try writing my own book. Since that time, I became addicted to it and have completed 12 novels.

2) Tell me something about your book Defect.

Defect is a young adult dystopian romance, and I wrote it while reading so many great other books in that genre, obviously starting with The Hunger Games. I lost myself in their world, and I love how real and gritty it feels.

3) While you’re writing, have you discovered a character that you were developing feelings of love for?

Oh, definitely! I love my male character from Defect, Will. I love his strength and courage and how he treats Eve like an equal.
And was there a character that gave you headaches? Hmm, good question! Well yes since there always has to be a villain in the story. For Defect I’d say that character is Kane, or Lexi.

4) How have you done your research for this novel?

Mostly my novels are just from my imagination, I do some research on the internet usually too, but nothing really comes to mind for this novel.

5) Is there a book that inspired your writings?

Not a single book no, but the authors I love and look up to are Abbi Glines and Tammara Webber.

6) In the end, would you like say some words to your fans from Romania?

Hi!!! And thank you for your support! *HUGS*

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates