Social Icons

.

04 November 2014

Joe by H.D. Gordon - Review


From the author of the Alexa Montgomery Saga, comes a book that will take you into the mind of a genuine psychopath, the lives of six ordinary people, and the world of a very special girl named Joe.
Joe is seemingly an ordinary college student. She works, studies and reads. But in between these activities Joe has a gift that promises to add a dose of color to her life at any given moment. Joe sees things before they happen. Bad things, and the worst thing she has ever faced is just around the corner. Someone is planning a massacre at the college university that Joe attends, and the only person with a hope of stopping the psychopath is her.
Oh, the beauty of foresight. More like a curse. Joe has four days to figure out the mystery, make plans to take down the psycho, and save the lives of people. People like you and me. Ordinary people.

Pages: 336
Gendre: Thriller
Score: 3/5

Review:

 “Evil is not just a thing of fairytales. Evil is real and it walks among us. Evil is jealousy and hate and fear and fire.”

So...this book wasn't what I expected. When I first started it, I had a good feeling that I’m gonna like it and that I’ll finish it very fast. The subject seemed really interesting and it capivate me from the first pages...until the spark went dead. I don’t know what happened but my interest in this book decreased more and more in the process. There were many narrative plans, who disorientated me. To many descriptions, to much rambling...I don’t know. Joe, the main character, socked me in the first place because she had so much potential and I tough she’s gonna bring me a lot of twisted feelings! I don’t say, the points of view were really good, authentic, but after so many pages you get bored and confused. I always had the weird sensation that the book will never end! And it actually ended really slow...

I like a good thriller from time to time but this one didn't had that spark who should keep me glued to the book.

But it had good parts, too. The writing style is nice, easy to read, especially in the first part of the book when you need to understand the action and make connections. You always have that weird sensation on your spine and live in a constant panic, never knowing what's gonna happen in the next chapter.
The ending, even if it was enigmatic, was on my taste. 

The biggest minus of this book is that it reveals too much information and steals from the beautifulness of a thriller; you can make connections too easy and figure the truth too soon, and that is a not a quality when we talk about this genre.

Anyway, overall it was a good book and I would recommend it to the eaders who want to enjoy a book with a lot of twists and points of view, but indicating that they need to be rested and focus to make sense out of it.

 
 
Blogger Templates