Social Icons

.

26 August 2013

Interview with G.J.Walker-Smith

For Charli Blake, being seventeen is a tough gig.

She's been branded a troublemaker, her reputation is in tatters and she's stuck in Pipers Cove, a speck of a town on the coast of Tasmania.

Thankfully, it's temporary. Her lifelong dream of travelling the world is just months away from becoming reality. All she has to do is ride out the last few months of high school, which is easier said than done thanks to a trio of mean girls known as The Beautifuls.

When Adam Décarie arrives in town, all the way from New York, life takes an unexpected turn. His arrival sets off a chain of events that alters her life forever, convincing her of one thing. Fate brought him to her.

Saving Wishes is the story of a girl who doesn't quite fit the life she's living, and the boy who helps her realise why.


Thank you Ms. Smith for this interview!

1) How and why have you started to write? Were there something or someone that gave you an impulse?
I’ve always enjoyed writing. Saving Wishes was the first complete novel that I wrote. At the time, I was writing only for myself. I never could’ve dreamed that I’d end up sharing it with so many people!

2) Tell me something about you and your book Saving Wishes.
Saving Wishes is a coming of age story that unfolds over two months. In that time, the main Character, Charli Blake, endures huge moments of change and growth – including meeting her first love.
I loved every minute of writing this story. I envy how brave and brash she can be!

3) While youre writing, have you discovered a character that you where developing feelings of love for? And was there a character that gave you headaches?
I love Charli. She drove me mad with frustration at times, but at the end of the day, she’s seventeen. She still has a lot of growing to do. I thought Adam was a wonderful support to her. And I had a HUGE crush on Alex!

4) How have you done your research for this novel?
I happened upon a tiny town in Tasmania, which instantly inspired the setting for Pipers Cove. It was amazing to actually find the perfect place.

5) Is there a book that inspired your writings?
I reference Peter Pan a few times in my novels. It’s Charli’s favourite book, and mine!

6) In the end, would you like say some words to your fans from Romania?
I’m constantly awed that my work has found its way to so many readers. Knowing I have fans in Romania is awesome! Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates